ch-scene - Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "kmr" <rossreport AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)
  • Date: 17 May 2006 06:07:44 -0700

Y'all would pick some freaky western piano player. Nope, pop music was
probably ushered in long before that by somebody playing a gut-string
instrument and singing two types of hits-one where the lyrics go: Oh
the ruler of this land is good and wise, a great ruler, really, his mom
and dad were swell, too. So let me tell you a story about the ruler of
this land. . .
The other hit song went something like: Baby, I'm a want you. Baby, I'm
a need you.
Just a guess.

kmr