ch-scene - SAXAPAHAW RIVERMILL FARMER'S MARKET & MUSIC SERIES FEATURING THE HUSHPUPPIES!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Heather LaGarde <heather AT barnstarvintage.com>
  • To: Sax06c AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06d AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06e AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06e2 AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06e2.5 AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06e3 AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06f AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06g AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sax06hi AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: SAXAPAHAW RIVERMILL FARMER'S MARKET & MUSIC SERIES FEATURING THE HUSHPUPPIES!
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:47:17 -0400

This Saturday in Saxapahaw! The HUSHPUPPIES! What truly sets the Hushpuppies apart and makes them an outstanding revival old-time band is that they have integrated a variety of historical musical sources and created a natural style of their own. They’ve picked up elements of the sound of the bands on the old recordings with a charming rakishness that is all their own. Don't miss them! http://www.old97wrecords.com/hushpuppies/index.html

COMPLETE SCHEDULE OF BANDS FARMERS & EVENTS www.rivermillvillage.com/farmers.html
The Farmers’ Market will be growing each week featuring the best local produce, greens, pecans, wines, chutneys, jams, fruit, baked goods, honey, free range eggs and more! And every week we have Creative Games and Activities for Kids run by our local environmental group CERES- If it's warm have the kids bring along a bathing suit!

The Farmer's Market & Kid's Activities run from 5pm to 8pm Every Saturday in Historic Saxapahaw. Bands play on the Haywagon Stage from 6-8. Come out and Support Local Farmers, have a Picnic and Listen to some Great Music out on the Hometown Hillside Natural Amphitheater. We’ve got Dancers, Hoopers and Christmas Lights in all the Trees.

Pictures, Flyers, and Detailed Band and Farmer Information Can Be Found at www.rivermillvillage.com/farmers.html

Come Out and Join in the Fun and Please Help Spread the Word! It's a beautiful place, a free afternoon and evening out and all are welcome!

Complete Band Schedule:
SAXAPAHAW BANDS 2006
May 13 The Hushpuppies

May 20 Wood & Steel

May 27 Natty Boh Duo

June 3 Run of the Mill

June 10 Django Haskins

June 17 Gospel Jubilators

June 24 Carolina Chocolate Drops

July 1 Jimmy Magoo & Friends

July 8 Milagro Saints

July 15 Brown Mountain Lights

July 22 Love Handles

July 29 Tommy Edwards and Friends

August 5 The Breaks and Velvet

August 12 Maxwell/Mosier

August 19 Mad Tea Party

August 26 Big Medicine

Oktoberfest ( Mid October)
Memphis
Countdown Quartet
Regina Hexaphone
The Shelbys
Saludos Compay

For more information, Press Kits, Pictures,
Email Files, CD samples Etc
Contact Heather LaGarde 336 376 5694
heather AT barnstarvintage.com

If you would like to be removed from this list please reply with the word “remove” in the subject line. We apologize for any inconvenience.

  • SAXAPAHAW RIVERMILL FARMER'S MARKET & MUSIC SERIES FEATURING THE HUSHPUPPIES!, Heather LaGarde, 05/12/2006