ch-scene - Direct Control, Pedestrians, Street Sharks! 9:30pm Saturday! @ Bull City Records

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "chaz" <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Direct Control, Pedestrians, Street Sharks! 9:30pm Saturday! @ Bull City Records
  • Date: 11 May 2006 16:32:08 -0700

ooooooohhh man, here it comes!

for all of ya looking for something to do this saturday, i might just
have the answer. we're talking a night of some serious rock.

**Saturday, May 13th, 2006**
- 9:30pm.
- come celebrate the big 6 monther for Chaz's Bull City Records.
- surprised i'm still around? yeah, me too!!
- so let's celebrate it!

borrowed from Hank and Daniel's posts (they're good at hyping):

Direct Control (Rva)- King's of Bucktown Hardcore! This is there first
show in Durham. So bring your sweatpants and stained Poison Idea shirt!
You'll be controled!

The Pedestians (Chicago, IL)- 80s-sounding punk from Chicago. They're
usually compared either to classic Chicago punk a la the Effigies and
Naked Raygun or to Dez-on-vocals-era Black Flag. Both comparisons have
something to them but neither says it all.

Street Sharks (Raleigh, NC)- Pop-punk-influenced hardcore from Raleigh.
Sort of like
if one of the bands on Flex Your Head tried to sound like Dillinger
Four.

there're rumors runnin amuck that the illustrious Government Warning
could grace us with their presence...

come on out!
gonna be sweeeet!

please bring 5$ or so so that the pedestrians can continue on.

  • Direct Control, Pedestrians, Street Sharks! 9:30pm Saturday! @ Bull City Records, chaz, 05/11/2006