ch-scene - Re: Milltown restaurant opens today

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Milltown restaurant opens today
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

dj biscotti and i were looking at the place from the
visart parking lot sat eve before the sign was up
wondering what was to be. taking the bus home last eve
about 8pm, i saw a buncha folks in there, too. i
wondered if the place had anything in common with the
federal, cuz there was a kinda federal vibe coming out
of the place i could feel even on the bus. and i'd
been thinking a coupla days afore, ok, now that i've
moved to carrboro, i've got most everthing i had
before in durham except there's no stinking federal
here. and now there is. just in time. for me to be
stinking broke again. cuz now i live in carrboro,
twice as expensive as durham. and i kinda had to save
up for trips to the federal.

but i ride the bus for free. whoo-hoo! i'm down to one
tank of gas per month now, which is really only for
the monthly out of town experience. during the week,
the old rust bucket just stays parked. i hear that may
be coming to durham. that bus for free thing, that is.

and i got 4 mint plants (of the 4 variety in the
4:2:1:1 ratio of amch/7:10:97) at the farmer's market,
sat not wed version, including a cedar box of
dimension 36x8 to sit atop the deck railing in
15:14:16 soil. after the new 1.5l bottle is gone,
which could take awhile given my ultra slow sip rate,
it will be back to evan wms green label for me as
well.

but there is still no place in which to purchase new
underwear, not that i'm not stocked with reserves. i'm
convinced nobody in carrboro wears any underwear,
unless it comes used from the pta thrift store. i'm
just saying in case the reserve ever runs low and i
forget to do laundry. and the bus stops running before
the movies let out. that cannot be good for business.
although i can get a pair of socks at weaver street
for five times the going rate anywhere else in
america. if i wanted brightly tie dyed socks, that is.
bizzaro world. contraction.

so... tor, you know tor, he's another backer of
milltown.

the soil is very different here. many rocks. and there
are no yard sales.

the name of tyler's was originally to have been
"milltown bistro."

3

(http://www.chapelhillnews.com/news/story/2941138p-9382833c.html)