ch-scene - Re: Milltown restaurant opens today

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Milltown restaurant opens today
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:01:19 -0400

And when I drove by last night at 6:30 or so, the patio was slam-full of people, so I guess the word got out somehow. Any of y'all among the pioneers? I would've been, but I blew my weekly dining budget at Ben's Chili Bowl in DC on Sunday.

Jordy wrote:
Don't know if somebody already mentioned this but...

(From the Chapel Hill News online, May 6, 2006)

Milltown to open at old Temple Ball

Milltown, a new restaurant, is scheduled to open Wednesday, May 10, in the
former Temple Ball space at 307 E. Main St. in Carrboro.

Josh Wittman, one of the owners of the Federal in Durham, has partnered
with several folks from the Federal and others. He expects that, like the
Federal, Milltown will be known for eclectic food at reasonable prices.
The menu includes mussels and frites, slow-cooked ribs, fish tacos and
daily specials.

Milltown, which also has patio seating, will offer lunch and dinner and a
large late-night menu until 2 a.m.
(http://www.chapelhillnews.com/news/story/2941138p-9382833c.html)

Dig it!

Thanks,