ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[5.1]May06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[5.1]May06
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 5/3 - Intro - No musical diktats. Downtempo, broken beat,
house and eclectics. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood
Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Friday - 5/5 - Erectro/Lock - Cinco de mayo with a "sleazy rock, rawky
electro, panty-peelin' mustaccio" feel. This will get the indie rockers and
everyone else dancing as tenacious dJs Burt Cocaine (aka Dj.exe), Ronnie
Savage (aka Silvaback) and Lemmy Spreadum (aka Esotic) make a party of
electro, disco-punk and rock. Free. 10p. Reservoir Bar, 100A Brewer Ln,
Carrboro - http://www.rattmouth.com/DJ/erectrolock.jpg & www.reservoirbar.net

Saturday - 5/6 - We All Love House - A happy return for house music this
weekend for the headz, donnas and divas. Deep, soulful, jazzy, funky and
chunky for those who like to get down! Hosted by Feinberg & Keith. 10p-3a.
Aries, 400 W. Morgan St, Downtown Raleigh -
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/wardke1/keithproof_2.jpg

Saturday - 5/6 - Deja Groove - What was that about a house music weekend?
Feel this, downtown, dancing the night under one groove. dJs LeMoore &
Rosseau. Kulture, 430 S. Dawson St, Downtown Raleigh -
www.glamooreproductions.com

Monday - 5/8 - CoCo do Mundo - In the spirit of musical procreation, the
Brazilian music night, CoCo do Brasil, has borne new tasty fruit. It's
international electro funkiness fusing Carlinhos Brown, Martin Solvieg, Joe
Arroyo, Masters At Work, Zap Mama, Los Amigos Invisibles, Amr Diab, Thievery
Corporation, Ketama and the likes. Music by Keith. 7p-11p. Red Room, 510
Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh -
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/wardke1/CoCodoBrasil-April.jpg

Tuesday - 5/9 - A Funky Farewell - It's one of those happy and sad moments
turned into a Sleazy affair. Laurin and sweetheart Jordan are moving on to
bite the Big Apple. But so you know, I'm talking about more than just a
friend, because he's also's Sleazy McQueen, the dj and producer. House music
is the gig which has had him playing in Chicago, New York, Tokyo, Florence,
London, and several tours of California. As he says, "It's a unique mix
house and funk that will make you smile and maybe even dance". As a house
music producer of early ’80s funk with strong roots in disco, soul, and Italo
sound, he has signed tracks to so many labels including Icon Recordings,
Greenhouse Records, Uncut Records, Bumpin City Records, Odds and Ends and
more. Best of all he has been responsible for a number of regular events
held in the Triangle over
the last six years which brought in djs from all over the country including,
Mark Grant, John Howard, Rick Preston, Ken Christensen, Q-Burns Abstract
Message, Robbie Hardkiss, Noel Sanger and many other regional and local
performers. This night celebrates with special guest Q-Burns and all of
Sleazy's other dj friends from over the years. He'll be missed. 9p-2a.
Fuse, 403 W. Rosemary St, Chapel Hill -
http://myspace-044.vo.llnwd.net/00692/44/01/692251044_l.jpg

Also happening:
Wed - 5/3 - Remix Project @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh) -