ch-scene - CD burner tips revisited

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: djgolf AT mindspring.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: CD burner tips revisited
  • Date: 19 Apr 2006 05:53:33 -0700

A while back I got much advice regarding the annoying "gap" left
between songs that flow into one another when copying CD's using Roxio
(even with "disc-at-once" on.) One person suggested using Nero to make
a copy, which I did last night and it works great. Several tracks on
this CD (the new Drive-By Truckers) flow into the next, and the copy is
seamless both in my home CD player and in the car. (Note to copyright
enthusiasts: yes, I bought the new DBT. I make copies to play in my
car so's I won't care if they get scratched, lost, stolen etc.) What I
used was the "copy" function, which appears to duplicate the entire
"image" of the CD (please pardon my semi-literacy regarding how this
works.) I have not yet tried making a compilation with Nero - it'll be
interesting to see how that goes. The interface at first glance
doesn't seem quite as intuitive as Roxio's (which is itself none too
intuitive) but I haven't really played much with it yet.

dj golf

  • CD burner tips revisited, djgolf, 04/19/2006