ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[4.2]Apr06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[4.2]Apr06
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 4/12 - Intro - Downtempo, broken beat, house and eclectics for
percolating renters and home-owners, twizzled Mentos superstars, mySpacers
not chary of life offline, shiny happy househeadz, and of course,
percusionistas, baristas and artistas. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight.
Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Saturday - 4/15 - 6th Annual Capoeira Batizado - Capoeira combines
acrobatics, dance, music and singing as a form of self-defense. Capoeira
originated from the slaves of Brazil and the music, instruments and dance of
that time continues today. Grupo Capoeira Brasil represents with a showing
of capoeira, samba and various dances performed by mestres and students.
2-4:30p. The Ark, Duke University - http://www.nccapoeira.com/batizado.php &
www.nccapoeira.com

Sunday - 4/16 - Neu Romance Easter - All the eggs from the hunt will have
been found and the tired bunnies at home watching the Simpson's. But, many
of us choose to forgo boob-tube sofa surfing with baskets of Cadbury.
Instead we'll burn off the calories barside since this place will be jigging
with impromptu jams. With Easter Bunny Djs Madcow, Castro, Drew Diggle,
Keith and LeBag. 9p. Kings, 424 S. McDowell St., Downtown Raleigh

Also happening:
Wed - 4/12 - SPRING LOADED Full Moon Party @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Wed - 4/12 - Honey Machine w/Dj Marco @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.solidsoundsystem.com
Thu - 4/13 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Thu - 4/13 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 4/13 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 4/13 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 4/13 - Jazzanova @ Cielo (NYC) -
www.cieloclub.com/flyer/2006/apr/jazzanova/

Fri - 4/14 - Costa w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 4/14 - Dj Reed @ Alibi (Raleigh)
Fri - 4/14 - Krazerock (house, hiphop, jazz, neo-soul, ecletics) @ Cafe
Cyclo (Raleigh)
Sat - 4/15 - Costamundo w/Keith, 6-10 @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Sat - 4/15 - SOLID! @ Alibi w/Dj Marco & Midnite Cowbwoy @ Alibi (Raleigh)
Sat - 4/15 - Urban Sophisticates @ Pour House (Raleigh) -
www.urbansophisticates.com
Sat - 4/15 - Brazilian Dance Party @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.talullas.com
Sat - 4/15 - Djs Mooney & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)
Sun - 4/16 - Neu Romance @ Kings (Raleigh)
Sun - 4/16 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)
Mon - 4/17 - CoCo do Brasil w/Keith @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Mon - 4/17 - Wade 3 @ Crowley's of Stonehenge (Raleigh) - www.wade3.com
Tue - 4/18 - Green Room (variety show) @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Tue - 4/18 - ElectroBistro w/Dj Markus Marek & guests @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)
Tue - 4/18 - Tequila Tuesdays w/Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Of Interest:
Film: www.iraqinfragments.com (shown @ Full Frame Documentary Festival
(Durham)
House Music Internet Radio:
www.ssradiouk.com / www.soulfulhouse.com / www.handzonradio.com
Iran: http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060417fa_fact

Music: Collected by Massive Attack - www.massiveattack.com
Music: Free downloads @ http://www.giantstep.net/features/56/
Music and News: Still A Dancer by Kemdi -
www.cocomachete.com/ram/ccs004/ccs004a1.ram &
www.vnews.com/12122005/2760400.htm
My Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/keithmward
Nightlife: www.amrasraleigh.com
Raleigh: www.raleighing.com

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1&cent;/min.
>From jameshepler AT yahoo.com Wed Apr 12 15:27:27 2006

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=gZF7pCztmEOVm4vHfrM9p5LjiQbzJG/0VGGVHOGwx4pCRd8EYyTe2Q5CB+RHPAMSCc4tt8l+EDiaJ3jdo+lf040ZNI9IDfBuiOqnaRduLC8o08M3cAlz6FbfEqIzi/VdEZH0KV1WTruZz2JGOMx+O6FrKoh/3xtSMSg5TMJTuBc=
;