ch-scene - Re: Immigration Song on iLud

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Immigration Song on iLud
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:03:15 -0400

Not realizing I was being cutting-edge & stuff, I'd already downloaded & inserted "Immigration Song" into the trianglerock mp3 player doodad at http://groovo.org by 6:00 p.m. yesterday.

And in case I haven't explained that concept thoroughly enough, it involves as many mp3s as I can download by [local and non-local] bands performing locally over the next 7 days. It ought to tell you the date/location of the gig while the song is playing, assuming it's working, which it generally is.

xo

Ross

p.s. I dearly love Lud, and "Immigration Song" is one of my 5 or 6 fave Lud songs. If you can manage to listen to it without falling a little bit in love, then you may be deceased without realizing it.

kmr wrote:
In honor of the day, we put an MP3 of the Immigration Song up on iLud,
which Bryon and I promise to update more regularly, especially the
Cooking with Lud segments.
The Immigration Song post is at http://www.ludland.com/ilud/?p=21
Also, we are playing Live at the Cave on Saturday with Fontana.
We will play a lengthy set so wear comfortable clothes. No promises,
but we may have more copies of the authorized bootleg
HemiDemiSemiQuaver: Fifteen Years of Lud Instrumentals available.
And, if you can't be with us that evening, you may wish to use the
internets at www.caverntavern.com to view a live streaming broadcast
thing of the show.

Thank you for your time and kind words,

kmr