ch-scene - Re: CD burner tips?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CD burner tips?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:48:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

In my experience, the only way to reliably rip CDs with high accuracy is to
use EAC, which someone mentioned earlier. Once you install it, you will need
to input the correct "offset" for your particular CD drive, which sometimes
is kind of tricky and sometimes requires some experimentation and
coaster-burning.

For burning, for years I've been using a shareware program from Germany
called Feurio! No complaints. You can use the trial version forever if you
want, or pay the guy $25 or something if you like it. Just in case you can't
afford Nero or whatever.

www.feurio.com

doug