ch-scene - Re: Local 506 Podcast for March

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: tommy gibson <tcgibson AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 Podcast for March
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:23:55 GMT

I'm pretty much a podcast neophyte, so filter my comments through
that fact to glean useful feedback ...

Overall, I think the March podcast rocks! You guys (and gal) managed
to spark my interest in bands I otherwise wouldn't have considered seeing.
In particular, I'm now looking forward to The Fever, The Subways, I Can Lick
and, especially, Dirty On Purpose. Without the podcast, I probably wouldn't
have considered going to these shows. Now, they're on my "to do" list and
I'll do my damnedest to bring folks with me when I go.

My one suggestion: give us more. Bearing in mind that I don't really know
how a podcast is created (I assume it's like a radio broadcast that you
record),
I'd love to hear more than just a snippet from the bands. I'd also dig more
band biography.

I wonder about having just one winner per podcast ... Would you consider
giving a pass to a single "show of choice" to several winners instead?
Just a thought.