ch-scene - Local 506 Podcast for March

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 Podcast for March
  • Date: 22 Feb 2006 12:32:02 -0800

Okay, after months of re-tooling and one misfire, the Local 506 monthly
podcast is up and streaming. Go to local506.com and click the
appropriate link on our homepage.

I'd be very curious to get any feedback that you may have. In honesty,
I feel like we're just about at first-base with this (sorry, pitchers
and catchers have reported so I've got baseball on the mind) so there
is a lot of room to grow. The goal is to be more like, say, Rolling
Stone magazine (seemingling underated by serious music fans) with show
previews, artist profiles, music news, etc. but we attempted that in
January and it was just too long (call it a bunt foul!) So, this
initial one is mainly show previews where we try to let the music do
most of the talking.

If that doesn't pique your interest, one lucky listener will also win a
pass to every show at 506 in March...glenn