ch-scene - Re: Bastard stepchild of indie retail thread

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "chaz" <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Bastard stepchild of indie retail thread
  • Date: 2 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800

nope, not yet.
i was talking to sir torch the other day and apparently all the
pull-tab ones got snatched up early at the show.
so i think we are in fact no dice on that one. a shame.
i am now under the impression that we will have to wait a second for
them to find their way into our stores. not sure why...other than the
fact that those guys manage to keep themselves extremely busy.
basically - it came out and ran out on friday night, now they're
putting more together and we're being patient.
i'll call/write mark or zeno later today b/c it would be great to have
them at spazzfest!
(by the way ross, we should make a habit out of spazzfest and get
bigger with it, next year duke coffeehouse...then after that who knows!
rbc center?! hell yeah!)
seriously though, there were some other bands that wanted to play, but
i had to reluctantly turn them away because of space, time and
claustrophobic reasons.

i understand it's easy to get a bit annoyed with some clerks, but
please don't penalize the store, dan! no stores had the release that
day and i don't imagine that the majority of the clerks (not all) in
raleigh keep hard tabs on pox world releases. some clerks only have the
power of their inventory computer in front of them and don't think too
much locally.

anyway, that's my 2 cents...i don't mean any of that personally
dan...unfortunately the general clerk doesn't go out hunting down each
of the local artists, there're too many! so we patiently wait for the
artist/label to come to us when they're good and ready. they don't like
us hassling them and like-wise, we all have lots on our minds.
although, i do admit there are locals that i actively seek out to carry
(just got in the makeout room from asheville, who just released a great
garage ep!), but that's why i opened a store, not just got employed by
one again.
indeed.

i (heart) school kids!
thanks,