ch-scene - Alt rock band seeks drummer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeremy Blair <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Alt rock band seeks drummer
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:56:18 -0500

I'm kinda new to this board, had been a lurker for a while but last weeks "
durham music scene" post fest ushered me out of silence. Since I'm here I
have an ad to post and ask for help with. I just posted this on craigslist
and raleighmusic.com. If anyone here knows a drummer that is looking, please
forward this on. Also, are their other local bullitins both on-line or other
that would be a good place to hang this?

Ad:

Our newly formed alt rock band is searching for a drummer. We are inspired
by punk and the indie movement and our goal is to make solid original music
and play out. Our five-piece is currently a male vocalist playing rhythm
guitar, a lead guitar, bass, and keys. We are looking for a creative drummer
who is willing to experiment and influence the music artistically.

We are all in our mid thirties and have careers, wives, kid(s), mortgages
etc. so we're realistic with time commitment and schedule. Hence we practice
once a week on Sunday afternoon barring sick babies and other unforeseen
responsibilities. The band can't be a top priority in our lives, but we are
serious about making great music and having strong performances with the
time we do give to it.

If you are down with our modus operandi, have gig-ready gear, and don't mind
chipping in for a share of the practice space bill, please e-mail me and
have a demo handy.

Jeremy

412-6250

Jerblar at gmail dot com (e-mail written to evade bots)

  • Alt rock band seeks drummer, Jeremy Blair, 01/24/2006