ch-scene - Re: Durham music scene

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham music scene
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:24:28 -0800 (PST)

Well, the "he" is obviously the one talking to us like
a frigging commercial. The "we" is obviously the
audience, or as "he" sees it, the market.

It was funny. I read my post over and over again
before I hit send, thinking that I ought to put
something in it to make it clear that I was trying to
be funny since not everyone here knows that I've
always had trouble defining the "scene". So I
considered adding some sort of emoticon to clue the
people who don't know me as well in on the fact that I
wasn't being serious. But you know, I think it turned
out even better this way. I mean, with so many
intelligent, wonderful people here, I think it's good
that we have a reminder that there are still people
here who think that "you're gay" is a fitting insult.

--- Matthew Paul <mpaulREMOVETHIS AT heplerisgay.edu>