ch-scene - Re: Audiologists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Audiologists?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:55:14 -0500

Hi Jeffrey:

I believe I got custom earplugs at Carolina Ear and Hearing, but it may have
been some other place. It's been several years, but it was in Raleigh.

http://www.raleighataglance.com/list_audiologists.htm

I don't know what exactly their insurance policy is, but you can give them a
call. I'm pretty sure they would take BCBS for tinnitus, but possibly not
for the earplugs. My earplugs were around $100 or so.

They shoot this goop into your ears that feels really cold and weird, and
when it sets, it's a mold of your ear. From that, they craft the earplugs.
You'll love 'em. It's like someone just turned the volume down in the room
when you put them in.

I've never tried the in-ear monitors.

Oddly, I used to live just down the street from the company that probably
made your foam ear plugs. I vaguely remember touring their headquarters on a
field trip in middle school.

http://www.kellysearch.com/us-company-5779071.html

- Kevin