ch-scene - +AbueloHuego(HERESEErecs)/BENLEE&CO/BLUESUEDEFUCK/JEFFY/Thursday++++

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ryan AT dyss.net
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: +AbueloHuego(HERESEErecs)/BENLEE&CO/BLUESUEDEFUCK/JEFFY/Thursday++++
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:31:59 -0600

+++++++Thursday Night 12/22+++++++

Starting at 10PM sharp: Ben Lee (AC UNIT, occasional Eugene Chadbourne
collaborator) will be playing a percussion-heavy set w/2 drummers and a
vibraphone. Ben's band ACUNIT has done a couple of swell avant jazz sets here
before with shadow puppet theatre in tow, this should be a treat!

Then: ABUELO HUEGO - acoustic improv outfit with releases on Nautical
Almanac's
HERESEE label, which never fails to thrill me with their steady releases of
grimy-allAmerican-gutter electronics and eccentric vocalizations/incantations.
(http://www.heresee.com)

Then: BLUESUEDEFUCK - 2 sisters thrash away at a drum kit and electric guitar
and DESTROY, while their singer hypes up the crowd w/megaphone vox...
party-rockin ... One of my favorite local bands!

It's another lovely night at NIGHTLIGHT! Come visit us at 405 1/2 W Rosemary
St
Chapel HILL, NC! >>>

As an added BONUS, BOYSZONE (featuring a formerly lost-at-sea JEFF REHLUND)
will
be on hand to work sound, bar, and door (sans paint and bared breasts,
unfortunately!). Come say hi!