ch-scene - TONIGHT

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Alt.Music Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: TONIGHT
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Have I mentioned recently how kickass a dude Glenn
Boothe is? I mean, sure, there was that whole thing
with the ostriches and the fondue back in '77, but
that was ONE TIME, and most people don't remember that
far back anyway. This is about the present, and what
Glenn has done for us lately.

Tonight, Mr. 506 will be hosting a holiday party
alongside the good folks at Yep Rock Records.
Performers include En Garde, Emergency Broadcast
System, The Capulets, and Cities, who I believe will
be celebrating their latest audiodisk.

It won't even cost you anything to get in to this
show! Can you believe that? This is what kind of
people we're talking about here. GOOD people.

Now, if I may throw a shameless plug into the mix, En
Garde is the new musical endeavor of John Booker,
formerly of Strunken White and io, Paul Cadena,
formerly of Makeshift, Matt Tomich, formerly of The
Big Rock, The Scaries, and Sorry About Dresden, Me,
and our newest member, Bill Fischer of The Scaries and
Amish Jihad. We play rock music, some of which can be
heard at:

http://www.myspace.com/engardemusic

So come out and celebrate with us. Because we said
so.