ch-scene - Re: Hot Tuna Tonight @ Cat's Cradle

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Hot Tuna Tonight @ Cat's Cradle
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 01:12:35 -0500

"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant, than to open your
mouth and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

chasw wrote:

Hot Tuna is what's left of the Airplane. I checked their web site and its Jorma and Jack, no Marty Balin anymore. At one time Jorma Kaukonen was near the top of my list for rock guitarists, genuine virtuoso guitar. Check your local public library for their old CDs and you'll see what I mean. I recommend Bathing at Baxters (studio) and Bless its Pointed Little Head (live) for that purpose. Too bad Grace Slick doesn't sing anymore. Her range and power could put the current crop of female pop singers to shame, c.f., White Rabbit and Bear Melt.

Hot Tuna picked up right where the Airplane left off approx 1970, not too long after "the dog died" (SF saying for when a commune loaded with musica talent called the Family Dog broke up). They did a good job at the time. I hope Jorma's talents have not faded. Maybe someone in attendance at Cat's Cradle can post a review.
- CW
http://www.johnwinters.biz/listen.htm

x"Jim M" <jckstrw AT gmail.com> wrote in message 171611a90512150802s476aa302p9afc29a9c83b7cbd AT mail.gmail.com">news:171611a90512150802s476aa302p9afc29a9c83b7cbd AT mail.gmail.com...

Subject says it all. Show's @ 8pm. There will be an electric and acoustic
set.

got jorma?

--