ch-scene - Mountains (Apestaartje Recs) TONIGHT at NIGHTLIGHT

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ryan AT dyss.net
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Mountains (Apestaartje Recs) TONIGHT at NIGHTLIGHT
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:41:24 +0100

If you're going to be in town tonight (Wednesday 11/23/05), consider coming by
Nightlight!

Tonight we got MOUNTAINS, which is the acclaimed electroacoustic project of
Apestaartje
founders Brendan Anderegg and Koen Holt. Acoustic instrumentation, field
recordings, live
sampling, quiet crackling, layers of harmonic texture, etc, should be really
pretty
stuff. See: http://www.staartje.com

QUISP, Randy Pelosi and Ethan Clauset's joint jazz n electronics outfit might
make an
appearance, but I'm not sure..

The show will start at 10PM, it's $5 - we're located down the alley at 405
1/2 W
Rosemary
st, in Chapel Hill, it's the Skylight Exchange by day.

+++++Also coming up this week:

Thursday 11/24 - THANKSGIVING SHOW! w/ A Skeleton and possibly Bellafea. BRING
YOUR OWN
TOFURKEY. We're asking a $$$ donation at the door for A Skeleton, who are
from
out-of-town.

Saturday 11/26 - DES ARK / Dead Elephant Bicycle / one more. 10PM / $5.

Sun 11/27 - Laco$te / Mudboy / Doo Man Group? / Happy Scrappy: Hero Pup side
project.
Laco$te are these two really hot people who rap in French and take off their
clothes.
Last time they were here they freaked out a lot of kids. Mudboy is from
Providence and
plays spooky organ jams. He may bring Ben Jones from Paperrad w/him, so cross
your
fingers ... Ben's Dr Doo project, where he plays drums along with the
prerecorded
soundtracks to his psychedelic animated films, is AWESOME, and it's recently
been
expanded into a full band, the Doo Man Group. VA's HS:HP will appear in some
be
decided incarnation ... I'm really excited about tonight ... 10PM / $5. See:
http://www.eurotrashforever.com , http://www.mudboymusic.com ,
http://www.paperrad.org

++NIGHTLIGHT+++ http://nightlight.dyss.net