ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[11.2]Nov05

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[11.2]Nov05
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Wednesday - 11/9 - intro - prior to entering into orbit for outer beltline
hibernation, jazz anew's dj.exe lifts off with his unique future space funk.
also with keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Friday - 11/11 - Mannequin Ball - A creatively minded fundraiser for the
North Carolina Museum of History features martinis, artistically manipulated
mannequins, NYC's Dj Angola, two Andre Leons (Gray, our Raleigh artist whose
work will be shown and Talley, editor at large for Vogue). Complete with a
classy $250 entrance. NC Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St, Downtown
Raleigh - www.themannequinball.com

Friday - 11/11 - Costa - It has been over a year since Costa originated as
flamenco/rumba driven ambience for wine and tapas. Ole! Now having further
transformed into a blend of Balearic, broken beat and house, this night plays
to the weekend. Music by Keith. 7-10:30p. Blake brings up the party with
soulful hiphop funkness from 10:30-2a. RedRoom, 510 Glenwood Ave, Midtown
Raleigh

Sunday - 11/13 - Neu Romance 2nd Annual Soul Food Potluck - Featuring true
old-school soul (Bobby Blue Bland, Millie Jackson, Betty Wright, Johnny
Taylor, and more) homegrown green beans, corn on the cob, cabbage, fresh
collards, corn bread, BBQ, fried chicken, sweet potato pie, whatever else you
bring to the table and more than enough to make you unbuckle the belt.
Liquor house soundplayers for the night are: Mark T, Castro, Midnight
Cowbwoy and host Dj Madcow. 8p. Kings Barcade, 424 S. McDowell St, Downtown
Raleigh

Also happening:
Wed - 11/9 - Dexter Romweber & the New Romans w/DJ Krazerock @ Kings
(Raleigh)
Wed - 11/9 - Blake @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Thu - 11/10 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Thu - 11/10 - Trainwreck Thursdays DJ Night @ Aries (Raleigh) -
www.aries-lounge.com
Thu - 11/10 - RAW w/LeMoore @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 11/10 - Sound and the City w/DJ Soundmachine @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)
Fri - 11/11 - Sangam's Meet & Greet w/Djs Marco & Mogambo @ Talullas
(Chapel Hill)
Fri - 11/11 - A Night With Castro (old skool/soul classics @ Aries
(Raleigh)
Fri - 11/11 - Jaffar @ Helios (Raleigh) - www.jaafarmusic.com
Fri - 11/11 - Dj Mooney @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 11/11 - 11/12 - Brazilian Girls @ Southpaw (Bklyn, NYC) -
www.braziliangirls.com
Sat - 11/12 - Costa w/Keith, 7p-10:30p, EuroBeats w/Romaric, 10:30p-3a @
RedRoom (Raleigh)
Sat - 11/12 - Merlin & Zack @ 5Star (Raleigh)
Sat - 11/12 - Sacred Rhythm w/Joe Claussell @ Love (NYC)
Sun - 11/13 - Dj Marco, 8p-midnight @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Sun - 11/13 - Sunday Punch w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 11/13 - Family @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)
Mon - 11/14 - CoCo do Brasil w/Keith @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Mon - 11/14 - Wade 3 @ Crowley's of Stonehenge (Raleigh) - www.wade3.com
Tues - 11/15 - Blackalicious @ Cats Cradle (Carrboro) - www.blackalicious.com
Tue - 11/15 - ElectroBistro w/Dj Markus Marek & guests @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)
Tue - 11/15 - Aron Wayne @ Sirens Lounge (Durham)
Tue - 11/15 - Blake or Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

The We All Love House party @Aries enjoyed the open minds and ears of all
those who came out for dancing and good times this past Saturday. We look
forward to seeing you house music enthusiasts, listeners, barflies, djs,
producers, dancers and nocturnal socialites for the next 1st Saturday party
on December 3rd!

Highlights from Feinberg & Keith's playlist:

Waiting - Undercover Agency

For Those Who Like To Get Down - Marques Wyatt

Live Nude Rhodes - Regionalists

Keep On Dancin' - Clay Acox (Moulton Studios mix)
Love & Happiness - River Ocean

Es Vedra - ErickE

Ethnicity - Grant Nelson

Baila - Twin Style

Bakiri Ban- Havana Funk (Dj Jorj mix)

Sexual Soul - Angel Alanis (Armstrong mix)

Pressure Cooker - G-Club

Salsin' - Dj Thanno/Alex Trax

House Music - Eddie Amador

7AM Sessions - Physics