ch-scene - AV Geeks "Milk & Cookies" and more...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: AV Geeks "Milk & Cookies" and more...
  • Date: 9 Nov 2005 09:35:31 -0800

Milk & Cookies
Films about milk and the dairy industry and how important they are to
our health and our great nation. Films include: The Cookie Kid, Girls
are Better than Ever, More Life in Living and more! Door prizes. Bring
cookies and we'll bring the milk! Suggested Donation $3.
NOTE NEW TIME & PLACE! 9:00pm, Thursday November 10th, Bickett Gallery,
209 Bickett Blvd, Raleigh, NC (919) 836-5358
8:00pm, Friday November 11th, Center for Documentary Studies, 1317 W.
Pettigrew Street, Durham

Who is Bozo Texino?
Longtime AV Geeks friend, filmmaker and tramp Bill Daniel is back in
the van and touring the USA with a program of new work, including his
recently completed documentary on the secret history of hobo and
railworker graffiti, Who is Bozo Texino? The film
has been wowing audiences of punks, geezers, foamers and graffiti
toughs all over the West Coast this summer. The film was featured in
the Viennale International Film Festival in Austria in October. Note -
while this isn't an AV Geeks show, Bill's films are highly recommended
for anyone interested in cultural history. Admission $5.
8:00pm, Friday Nov 18, Blayloc Cafe, 108 Morris Ave, Durham,
919.682.4624
8:00pm, Saturday Nov 19, Lump Gallery, 505 S. Blount, Raleigh
8:00pm, Monday Nov 21, The Elsewhere, 606 S. Elm, Greensboro,
919.821.9990

MEAT MEAT MEAT!
Amazing films about meat and meat processing. Just in time for the
Thanksgiving
Note earlier date & time! 8:00pm, Tuesday November 22nd, Kings 424 S
McDowell Street, Raleigh, NC, (919) 831-1005.

Coming up!
Three shows in Austin (Meat Meat Meat! at an actual sausage factory,
Extreme Schoolbus Adventure 2 on moving school bus!, AV Geeks Greatest
Hits - our fave films with catchy/annoying songs.), more DVDs (Manners,
Troubled Teens, Atom films!) and more!

SPECIAL DEALS ON AV GEEKS STUFF
Buy any four AV Geeks DVD-Rs or VHS tapes for $50.
Buy any ten AV Geeks DVD-Rs or VHS tapes for only $100.
Visit http://www.avgeeks.com/catalog.html to order.

See ya soon,
Skip
To be added to the AV Geeks Events List, email me at skip AT avgeeks.com

  • AV Geeks "Milk & Cookies" and more..., avgeeks, 11/09/2005