ch-scene - CoCo do Brasil

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: CoCo do Brasil
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

Co
do
Brasil

Porto Alegre to Fortaleza

for the love of
brazilian beats
bossa
tropicalismo
samba

music by keith

mondays
7- 11p

Special half-price menu for guests of Coco do Brasil

RedRoom
510 Glenwood Ave
Midtown Raleigh

---------------------------------
From: "JoAnne Worthington-Fitzgibbon" <Joannespub AT msn.com>
Subject: Live Music Wednesday + $2 Wine Night at Joe & Jo's
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:54:43 -0400
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Live Music + $2 Wine Night!

A Great Combination this Wednesday at Joe & Jo's Downtown =
Restaurant and Pub

This Wednesday we will have a special treat with live music by =
Richard Scott and his band. And, as always, Joe & Jo's also offers $2 on =
all glasses of house wine every Wednesday. What could be better???

Music starts around 9 p.m. - wine special is ALL DAY and ALL =
NIGHT. Don't miss this awesome talent and enjoy hump day with some vino.

Joe & Jo's Downtown

427 W. Main Street

Downtown Durham

688-3322

Artist Bio: Richard Scott is a true eccentric- one of those rare =
guitarists whose gifts defy the generic boundaries assigned to his art. =
Scott, 35, is a guitarist and luthier who cites a broad base of =
influences spanning from Primus bassist Les Claypool to flamenco =
guitarist Carlos Montoya. But Scott's musical vision is deeply rooted in =
blues, and even his most polished and studied compositions retain the =
unsettled and suspenseful qualities of roots music at its rawest.
Scott has lived most of his life in rural Lee County, Virginia. =
Though he has included some bluegrass jams in live performance, Scott's =
music typically bears no resemblance to the mountain and ballad style =
associated with the region. His eclectic repertoire includes traditional =
and electric style blues, Latin and modal jazz, reggae, avant garde =
funk-jazz fusion, and improvisional flights of fancy that defy =
categorization. His often startling challenges to the instrument's sonic =
possibilities are created by the use of alternate tunings and custom =
hand-made eight string guitars that employ a combination of guitar and =
bass strings along with stereo effects and amping.

=20

=20

=20
=20

This MSN Photo E-mail slideshow will be available for 30 days.
To share high quality pictures with your friends and family using MSN =
Photo E-mail, join MSN<http://g.msn.com/0PHenus1/29>.