ch-scene - Guitar Amp BLOWOUT!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Matthew Paul <mpaul AT duke.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Guitar Amp BLOWOUT!
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:21:26 -0400

Crate Vintage Club 50w tube combo amp.
http://www.crateamps.com/html/product.cfm?pid=73

Got an extra one of these hangin around my house I have to get rid of.
Sounds really great. All tube! 4-- el84's in the power stage and 4 ax127
in the preamp.
Handles everything from jazz to hard rock with ease using 2 channels.
$375. This price is what I have in the amplifier after getting it fixed
by Russ at Bull City Sound.
Some user reviews
here:http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Crate/VC5212-01.html

Also if you are interested... Tube Works RT-2100 (?) Hybrid 100w
2x12combo Solid state power stage and tube preamp stage. Actually works
well for Bass too. Incredibly sturdy construction. $225. neg Also this
amp was biased and fixed by Russ at Bull City Sound.

User reviews here:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Tube_Works/RT_2100-01.html

Also, a Line6 Flextone 2 XL, 100 Watt combo amp with 2x12" speakers,
also comes with the pedalboard. $500 for both negotiable
User reviews here:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Line_6/Flextone_III_XL-1.html
Amp Models 32
Digital Effects 16
User Programmable Channels 4 (36 with optional Floor Board)
Mix and Match Cabinets
Headphone & Direct Out
1/4 inch TRS Headphone, balanced XLR Direct Out
Tone Transfer Compatible

Anyone interested in any of these amps can test them out at my house.
Bring a git' and have at it.

  • Guitar Amp BLOWOUT!, Matthew Paul, 10/13/2005