ch-scene - New Orleans Musicians Benefit - Sat, Oct 15 - Local 506

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: New Orleans Musicians Benefit - Sat, Oct 15 - Local 506
  • Date: 5 Oct 2005 21:07:04 -0700

On Saturday, October 15th, Local 506 will be hosting a benefit for New
Orleans Musicians. Our aim is to invoke the spirit of New Orleans
however we can. New Orleans is truly the cradle of our musical
civilization, so for it to survive the musicians who call it home
really need help rebuilding their lives.

The night will kick off with a songwriters roundtable. The roundtable
will feature 4-5 songwriters on stage at one-time. The idea is that
each songwriter will perform one song at a time. If you aren't
familiar with this format, basically there are 4-5 artists on stage at
a time, and each take turns performing a song at a time. There will be
two roundtables, each roundtable will be 1 hour in length, allowing
each artist to perform 3-4 songs. The first at 8pm, the second at 9pm.

8pm: Sara Bell (Regina Hexaphone), Mary Johnson (Pawnshop Ruby), Mark
Holland (Jule Brown), Eric Roehrig (Erie Choir, Sorry About Dresden),
9pm: Lynn Blakey (Tres Chicas), Roberto Cofresi (New Town Drunks), Mark
Edwards (My Dad is Dead), Emily Waszak.

The second part will feature three acts playing full sets:
10:30 - ROMAN CANDLE
11:30 - DEXTER ROMWEBER & THE NEW ROMANS
12:30 - COUNTDOWN QUARTET

Admission is $10 and the event will also include free New Orleans style
vittles. All proceeds will go directly to the Preservation Hall New
Orleans Musicians Relief Fund.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know...

Thanks!!!

Glenn Boothe / Sara Bell

  • New Orleans Musicians Benefit - Sat, Oct 15 - Local 506, local506, 10/06/2005