ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[10.1]Oct05

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[10.1]Oct05
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:47:12 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 10/5 - INTRO – Slinky electronicness makes a cool night on the
patio. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown
Raleigh

Wednesday - 10/5 – Remix Project – This group is a collective of bass, keys,
drums guitar and percussion instrumentally performing old and new school
jams. Keyboardist Mark Wells pleasantly lets the vocals slip out in
excitement. White Collar Crime, 319 W. Davie St, Downtown Raleigh -
www.theremixproject.com

Friday - 10/7 – Latin Night – The first Friday of the month means a packed
house at Spice Street. Featuring different rooms, djs and whole lot of
flash, flesh and grin, this party creates quite the frenzy. Spice Street,
201 S Estes Dr, Chapel Hill - www.trianglefiesta.com

Sunday - 10/9 - Neu Romance – Downtown nightlife as it should be. Music by
Drew, Castro, Madcow and guests. 9p. Kings, 424 McDowell St, Downtown
Raleigh

Also happening:

Wed - 10/5 - Blake @ RedRoom (Raleigh)

Thu - 10/5 - RAW w/LeMoore @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com

Thu - 10/6 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com

Thu - 10/6 - Sound and the City w/DJ Soundmachine @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - Costa w/Keith, 7-10:30p / Blake, 10:30p-2a @ RedRoom
(Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - Mecca: Celebration of Downtown Music & Culture @ Kings
(Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - Spin w/LeMoore & guest @ Cafe Cyclo (Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - Dj Mooney @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - First Friday w/Dj Reed @ Aries (Raleigh)

Fri - 10/7 - Little Brother @ Cats Cradle (Carrboro) -
www.hallofjustus.com

Sat - 10/8 - Costa w/Keith, 7-10:30p / EuroBeats w/Romaric, 10:30p-2a @
RedRoom (Raleigh)

Sat - 10/8 - Merlin & Zack @ 5Star (Raleigh)

Sat - 10/8 - Merge @ Cafe Cyclo (Raleigh)

Sun - 10/9 - Family @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)

Sun - 10/9 - Sunday Punch w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Sun - 10/9 - Blake @ RedRoom (Raleigh)

Mon - 10/10 - Coco do Brasil w/Keith @ RedRoom (Raleigh

Mon - 10/10 - Wade 3 @ Crowley's of Stongehenge (Raleigh) - www.wade3.com

Tue - 10/11 - Blake or Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Tue - 10/11 - Art & Music w/Djs Mike & Greg @ Bickett Gallery (Raleigh)

Tue - 10/11 - ElectroBistro w/Dj Markus Marek & guests @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)

Tue - 10/11 - Aron Wayne @ Sirens Lounge (Durham)

Tue - 10/11 - Sleazy McQueen @ RedRoom (Raleigh)

Tue - 10/11 - Gilles Peterson w/Bilal, Dwele @ Canal Room (NYC) -
www.canalroom.com

Coming Soon:

10/14 - Yerba Buena @ Cat's Cradle (Carrboro) - www.catscradle.com

10/15 - Lake Eden Arts Festival (Black Mountain) - www.theleaf.com

10/15 - Barristers Ball @ Kings (Raleigh) - www.kingsbarcade.com

10/20 - Nikki Costa @ Lincoln Theatre (Raleigh) - www.lincolntheatre.com

10/27 - 10/29 - Amsterdam Dance Event (Amsterdam, NL) -
www.amsterdamdanceevent.nl

10/28 - Mandorico @ Pour House (Raleigh) - www.mandorico.com

11/1 - John Legend @ Raleigh Memorial Auditorium (Raleigh) -
www.raleighconvention.com