ch-scene - [spammish for good reason] Eat Ice Cream and Raise Money for Hurricane Katrina Relief

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kirk schmidt <kirklimon AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: WXYC listserv <wxyc AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org, WXYC alumni listserv <wxyc-alumni AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [spammish for good reason] Eat Ice Cream and Raise Money for Hurricane Katrina Relief
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:54:01 -0400

A forward from a listserv a couple of times removed...

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:08 PM
Subject: Important: Aid for the victims of Hurricane Katrina offered by

Mapleview Ice Cream Store

Dear Friends, My neighbor, Muffin Brosig, owner of the Mapleview Ice Cream
stores called me tonight and asked me to e-mail a few friends to get the
word out that both ice cream stores will be open on Monday, September 5,
Labor Day and that ALL the proceeds will be donated to the relief effort for
the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Both the original country store on
Dairyland road near Mapleview farms (open 12-9pm) and the new store on
Weaver street (open 12-10pm) across from Carr Mill Mall will be
participating. All the workers will be volunteers and ALL the money taken in
for ice cream, milk, etc. will be given to the relief effort.

Please notice it is ALL the proceeds rather than all the profits. "Word of
mouth"
will be the only advertising method so please let your friends and
co-workers know
about this delicious opportunity to help. Thanks so much!!

Sincerely,

Deborah Pearson-Moyers

P.S You may remember that the Mapleview folks did
this on New Year's Day for the Tsunami Relief effort and sent a check for
more that $3000. This was before the Carrboro store opened!!

  • [spammish for good reason] Eat Ice Cream and Raise Money for Hurricane Katrina Relief, kirk schmidt, 09/01/2005