ch-scene - GERTY! TONIGHT at the TROIKA MUSIC FESTIVAL!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: info AT gerty.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: GERTY! TONIGHT at the TROIKA MUSIC FESTIVAL!
  • Date: 26 Aug 2005 10:20:22 -0700

Just a note to let you know that TONIGHT at the Duke Coffee House
www.duke.edu/web/coffeehouse/directions. is THEE NIGHT that GERTY! is
debuting our NEW DRUMMER MELISSA YORK, former drummer for THE BUTCHIES!

This is the second to the last night for the TROIKA MUSIC FESTIVAL
www.troikamusicfestival.org and the line up looks like this:

7:45-ROBOSAPIAN- They are an AMAZING DUO of old school rap, dance party
freak out with an Apple laptop....Just moved here from San Fran..NOT TO
BE MISSED!!!!

8:30- TENNIS & THE MENNONITES- A wonderful 3 piece featuring Maria
Albani, Gerty!'s old bassist...They are a jittery, chugging train
engine of fun!

9:20- GERTY!..."You know how we do, Baby Boo"...you best get ready to
Dance....

10:15- The Sames- This 4 peice is loud and swirly and rawcus and dreamy
...all at THE SAMEs time...:)

11:10- I AM THE WORLD TRADE CENTER- a 2 piece GIRL-GUY DUO from Atlanta
that make DANCE MUSIC via live and pre-recorded sounds...SOUNDS FUN,
HUH?!!

12:00- The ROSEBUDS- Super catchy old sounding 60's Brit Pop (this is
Shirle' writing this, by the way...) that gets the kids going CRAZY!!!!
BTW...Gerty! kicked their asses in bowling a few months back :)

Please DON'T BE LATE TO SEE ALL THESE BANDS...WE BELIEVE IT WILL BE A
SOLD OUT SHOW!
AND AS ALWAYS, DUKE COFFEE HOUSE IS B.Y.O.B and ALL AGES!

SEE YOU THERE!
XOXOXO
GERTY!