ch-scene - LADYFEST NC and G.L.A.M Rock & Roll Pancake Supper!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: LADYFEST NC and G.L.A.M Rock & Roll Pancake Supper!
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

LADYFEST NC and G.L.A.M present a Benefit
Rock & Roll Pancake Supper!

Saturday, August 6th from 6-9 pm
At the Homestead Community Center
600 Homestead Rd, Chapel Hill

This benefit Pancake Supper is to support both
Ladyfest
NC * and G.L.A.M**. There will be a sliding scale
admission fee between $5- $10 For the pancake supper.

The supper will start at 6:00 PM. Amazing
entertainment will start at 7:30 pm from 4 of the
bands from the ROCK CAMP FOR GIRLS (original rock from
8-11 year old girls and NOT to be missed!!!) and at
8pm watch a set from new-wave popsters GERTY!
(http://www.gerty.org/) Dancing will definitely
ensue!)

* Ladyfest NC is a music and arts festival benefiting
local organizations that support women. We are
committed to inspiring self-empowerment and we
welcome and encourage all people (regardless of gender
or sexual identity) who support the education,
advancement, and celebration of women to attend our
festival.

** GLAM stands for Girls Leading in Arts and Music,
and is a nonprofit that was started in 2005 by Amelia,
Abby and Nora to help create Music and Art programs
for girls in North Carolina. The NC Rock and Roll Camp
for Girls, Yart Sales, Rock Shows and Workshops are
just a few of our initial ideas for bringing together
diverse girls of all ages in friendship, community and
creativity.

Ladyfest NC: http://www.ladyfestnc.com
Viva la Venus website: http://www.vivalavenus.com

The difference between excitement and fear is a matter of choice.

  • LADYFEST NC and G.L.A.M Rock & Roll Pancake Supper!, Mary Anne Barckhoff, 08/02/2005