ch-scene - The Wigg Report plays this Friday in Carborro

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ben riseling <briselin AT duke.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Wigg Report plays this Friday in Carborro
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:17:24 -0400

Hello.

My band, The Wigg Report, will be playing one of our rare (of late) local
shows this Friday, June 24, at Temple Ball/De La Luz. In my humble opinion
De La Luz has some of the best sound -- both on stage and in the house --
of any Triangle club I know of where local acts can play (506 and Ooh La
Latte in Durham would be my other picks).

But the best thing is we're opening up for the mighty, mighty Hammel on
Trial. If one-man band, ex junkie, rock hysteria with piss in your pants
lyrics are your bag you should not miss Hammel live. John Saylor opens and
The Wigg are in the middle slot. Show starts at 9:30

We'll be playing a bunch of songs from our soon to be finished 2nd full
length so come on down if you're in town. And check out some of this
recent press:

http://indyweek.com/durham/2005-03-30/homebrew.html

http://www.synchronizedswim.org
http://www.afterbucket.com/
http://www.hamellontrial.com/
http://www.templeball.com/

And thanks for supporting local music!

--ben

Ben Riseling
Web Projects Manager
Duke Office of News and Communications
ph: 681-8064
email: ben.riseling AT duke.edu

  • The Wigg Report plays this Friday in Carborro, ben riseling, 06/22/2005