ch-scene - pixies show

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kirk schmidt <kirklimon AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: pixies show
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:46:12 -0400

I saw some of my familiars hanging out yonder,
Frank and Christie, Ashley, Sean, Tim, Chip and Kim,
and Aaron back from Nashville... I'm sure i missed a good number.

I managed to borrow a pen on several occasions to take down
part of the setlist for posterity, but missed a lot of it,
due to bad short term memory, lack of available writing utensils,
and the fact that we left a little early (i'm ashamed to say).
Hollie and I didn't leave early due to disappointment, that's for sure.

I was pleased to hear a lot of Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim/Doolittle
tunes to start out the show: Bone Machine opener cut early, Tony's Theme,
Caribou, Where is my Mind, Nimrod's Son, Wave of Mutilation, Monkey Gone
to Heaven... with a Stormy Weather, Subbacultcha and U-mass mixed in.

I never liked the sound at the Ritz, but it was a good average.
Didn't hear Kim well enough though. Have to say mr black was doing
pretty well.

I'm curious to get some more reviews and/or a complete setlist.

eh?!

kirk

  • pixies show, kirk schmidt, 06/13/2005