ch-scene - melt-banana cover question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: melt-banana cover question
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:48:11 -0400

Can someone smarter than I (and I know there are plenty of you out there) remind me what song Melt-Banana covered immediately after the "Uncontrollable Urge" cover the other night at Kings?

It was something that I & <other unnamed college-radio DJ types> recognized but totally couldn't place. I assume it wasn't a Melt-Banana original, because while I generally recognize those & can't match them to their names either, it's a different sort of vibe. Then again, it might have been.

My cursory googling of this topic has yielded various instances of them covering "Uncontrollable Urge" going back 4-5 years, but I wasn't able to tease out any other common covers that rung any bells.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

  • melt-banana cover question, grady, 06/13/2005