ch-scene - Re: OT: where did all this German spam suddenly come from?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: OT: where did all this German spam suddenly come from?
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:03:33 GMT

G.T. Tyson wrote:

> Maybe some of the computer-tech people can answer this one. Lately
> I've been getting assloads of German-language spam, some of which is
> coming from familiar known addresses. What's going on?
>

> GTT

It's some kind of (neo) Nazi-spawned spam that is being propagated by the
bone-brains via an email-worm. Supposedly the unprotected are due for
another wave of it in 9 or so days. I guess it is more of their outreach to
garner support for their cause. They think that if they hijack everyone's
computers and flood the internets with racist claptrap that everyone will
come to love them and send them money.