ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 7, 2005

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Matt" <matt.kalb AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of April 7, 2005
  • Date: 8 Apr 2005 04:33:43 -0700

Addition, if I may.
Saturday April 9
Lifasar - an event that means all things to some people

Hotel Motel, Clang Quartet, Songs of Water, Philosophical Rednecks,
Ryan & Joyce, Blind Infancy

artwork by Stephen Moore, Kelin Wheeler, Brian Wilson, and Alison
Wheeler
Temple Ball Gallery, Carrboro

Friends,

Doors at 7. First band (us) at 7:30.

Hotel Motel is the first "act" and we are supposed to be "on" at 7:30
"pm" so come early! Clang Quartet is last. In between are short
plays, performance art, other music (Songs of Water, Blind Infancy),
and people saying things, plus art on display. Most importantly, April
9 is my 30th birthday. If you're in your 20's I won't understand you
anymore, and if you're in my band you will suddenly make a lot more
sense.

The cost is $10. (Sorry--yet again the NEA fails to come through).
But just think of the possibilities. You can pretend to enjoy it all
and play yourself off as oh-so-cultured, or mock everything you see and
throw beer. Or throw beer artistically.

Schedule from the man putting it all together, Brian Wilson (I
checked-no relation):

DOORS OPEN: 7PM

7:30 - 8:15 Hotel Motel
8:15 - 8:30 interpretation of a poem
8:30 - 9:00 spoken word OPEN MIC
9:00 - 9:30 bLIND iNFANCY
9:30 - 9:50 Ryan & Joyce
9:50 - 10:20 spoken word OPEN MIC
10:20 - 10:40 short play by THE PHILOSOPHICAL REDNECKS
10:40 - 11:25 songs of water
11:25 - 11:45 short play by THE PHILOSOPHICAL REDNECKS
11:45 - 12:15 Clang Quartet

SPOKEN WORD OPEN MIC sign-up sheets for the 2 spoken word
30-miute slots will be @ Introvert Creative Group's table

ORIGINAL ARTWORK will be on display by:
Stephen L Moore, Kelin Wheeler, Brian L Wilson, Alson H Wheeler

Love,

Matt/Hotel Motel