ch-scene - Re: a ll' help? tom waits related plea

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: a ll' help? tom waits related plea
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:38:43 GMT

nathan wrote:

> does anyone by chance have a copy of the tom waits promo cd "Bone
> Machine: The Operator's Manual" (Island Promo CD PRCD 6743-2) that i
> might borrow briefly for a school project?
>
> just wanna hear his remarks about songs floating in the air into the
> radio.
>
> thank you,
> nhb(7)

"Songs are...I guess when I was a kid, I thought songs lived in the air. I
didn't know anything about songs publishing. I just thought they, one day a
song like landed in your backyard like a UFO or something. God, did you hear
that song? I still, I still do, I mean even though I know more how...about
songs. I still think it's important to look at them that way, and wonder
about them. Songs are small. You hold em in your hand, and they're about as
big as a bar of soap, really. And, umm, sometimes you only listen to them for
maybe that long. As long as it takes to wear down a bar of soap and then move
on to something else...another song."