ch-scene - Soul Parties and Record Show this week!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Soul Parties and Record Show this week!
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:56:19 -0500

-----------------------------
Thursday, March 31
-----------------------------
FEDERAL SOUL at Federal - Durham NC
w/ DJ Marco
FREE ADMISSION - 10pm-2am
Check out the best soul, funk, jazz, latin, and reggae from the 60s and 70s
at Marco's biweekly original vinyl session. I got a grip of new 45s and
albums at the record shows last week, so expect an hour and a half of new
tunes that have never been spun at Federal before!
http://www.thefederal.net/
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

-----------------------------
Saturday, April 2

-----------------------------
Sunday, April 3
-----------------------------
CARRBORO CD & RECORD SHOW
Century Center - Carrboro, NC
FREE ADMISSION - 12pm to 6pm
Come on out to the best record show in the area not only to help the Town of
Carrboro, but also to see what treats DJ Marco has waiting for you at his
table. I've pulled 4 ADDITIONAL boxes of records this time around, with
probably another 2 or 3 to come, so bring a fat wallet champ!
http://www.carrboro.com/cd&recordshow/

-----------------------------
Wednesday, April 6
-----------------------------
CAROLINA SOUL CLUB
Jo & Joes - Durham, NC
FREE ADMISSION - 9:30pm to 2am
Check out the newest addition to the local Soul Scene! The Incriminators are
taking over, with Nate, Curley, and Midnite Cowbwoy spinning 6ts northern
soul, with a little bit of r&b, crossover, early modern, and soulful
rocksteady.

-----------------------------
Friday, April 8
-----------------------------
MASALA BEAT CLUB
at Kings - Raleigh, NC
w/ DJ Marco & DJ Mogambo
+ Mehndi body art by Serena
+ Bhangra dance instruction by Gagan
+ Bollywood videos all night
$5 ADMISSION
Bhangra & bollywood hits the capitol city!
http://www.kingsbarcade.com/
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

-----------------------------
Thursday, April 14
-----------------------------
FEDERAL SOUL
at Federal - Durham NC
w/ DJ Marco
FREE ADMISSION!
http://www.thefederal.net/
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

-----------------------------
Saturday, April 23
-----------------------------
MASALA BEAT CLUB
at Ringside - Raleigh, NC
w/ DJ Marco & DJ Mogambo
+ Viswas Chitnis Sitar Combo
+ Mehndi body art by Serena
+ Bollywood video lounge
$8 MEMBERS, $10 GUESTS
Another big night of desi sounds!
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • Soul Parties and Record Show this week!, DJ Marco, 03/31/2005