ch-scene - Boner Machine and Mowing Lawns at The Library BENEFIT SHOW

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: afrobenius AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Boner Machine and Mowing Lawns at The Library BENEFIT SHOW
  • Date: 12 Mar 2005 10:22:51 -0800

Please join us in a very special celebration of the assassination of
Julius Caesar! For those of you who aren't exactly scholars, the Ides
of March means the 15th of March, that's just how the Romans used to
say it. THE ANCIENT ROMANS!!! Boner Machine will lead us all into a new
light and a new fashion when we take the stage at The Library, a
fabulous LIQUOR BAR on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill. Joining us this
evening will be Mowing Lawns, a serious rock band with great dudes in
it. The Library is located in the very center of downtown Chapel Hill
in the former Taco Bell building. Their web site is
www.libraryrocks.com and as always, our web site is
www.unc.edu/~smith99/bm -- We have a lot of fresh ideas to bring to the
stage this time. Boner Machine is taking our music to the next level
with new Inter-Continental stylings, drawing from our various holiday
and personal experiences since our last drug-fest at The Nightlight!
We hope to utilize the LCD projection system in place at The Library to
bring you a full digital (and digitally enhanced) multi-media
experience, in 5.1 Surround Sound. The payoff really works in your
favor, because on Tuesday nights at The Library, there is always a
2-band indie rock showcase, and it only costs TWO DOLLARS! SPECIAL
KINDNESS ALERT: This Show at the Library is all for CHARITY! That's
right, all the money (your money) that you pay at the door (sliding
scale, $2 - $100) will go to benefit the Tsunami victims and survivors
in Southeast Asia. Please come out and help those in need while having
a good time, too. It is definitely music worth leaving the house for.

  • Boner Machine and Mowing Lawns at The Library BENEFIT SHOW, afrobenius, 03/12/2005