ch-scene - Re: Ideas!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ideas!
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:24:51 -0500

grady wrote:
The place in the 9N9 shopping center is our old friend the Jump'N'Java Cafe,

what, you don't like the Cherry Poppin' Daddies? yeah, i've only ever been there when coworkers chose it. everything's ok in there, but not exactly a destination that fills me with excitement. whatever.

I dig what you're saying about the positivity at Ideas! but I guess I wish the coffee gave me an actual reason to go back.

it doesn't sound like you've yet had the coffee.

I went to Lewis BBQ the other day & was reminded why I don't go there: pickles in the slaw. WTF? Also the meat is kinda goopy & the ribs sit in the sauce all day. I'm a dry-rub man, myself.

However, the honey-bun cake was even *better* than I remembered. In fact, just the memory of it has already erased the pain of the bad coffee experience.

mmm, but the fried chicken. and that pink cake is pretty rockin' too.

have you tried their coffee?

--rt