ch-scene - Elliott Smith Show Tonight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jmoorefield AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Elliott Smith Show Tonight
  • Date: 25 Feb 2005 12:50:14 -0800

FYI__Tonight! From http://sweetadeline.net :

The cat's cradle in chapel hill, nc is going to have a big tribute to
elliott called, either/or: a celebration of the music & life of elliott
smith. the tribute is on friday, february 25th at
8:00pm(doors)/9:00pm(show). the show so far features: chris stamey,
kaia wilson, ivan rosebud from the rosebuds, erie choir, street green,
billy sugarfix, fan modine, the feeble hex, hotel lights, ben davis &
more... frank, who owns the cat's cradle was nice enough to send more
info too: "we'll show a couple of videos between bands ( so far, I have
lucky three and strange parallel lined up) and incorporate a slide show
with images from elliott's records and other sources while the
performances are taking place. we are also bringing in some local light
people who do a psychedelic light show! most of the money from ticket
sales will be sent to the es memorial fund." if you would like to get
more information/ipdates about the concert, please check out the cat's
cradle official site by going here:
http://www.catscradle.com/schedule.html (p.s. fun fact that ashley told
frank: either/or came out 8 years ago to the day of the upcoming
concert: 2.25.97)

  • Elliott Smith Show Tonight, jmoorefield, 02/25/2005