ch-scene - DJ MARCO HIPHOP PARTY - DURHAM THIS SUNDAY

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: DJ MARCO HIPHOP PARTY - DURHAM THIS SUNDAY
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:21:46 -0500

CHRIS T. AND DJ MARCO's
HIPHOP AND OLDSCHOOL PARTY
Sunday February 20 - 10pm-2:30am
Admission $8

at Cosmic Cantina Lounge
1920 Perry Street
(corner of 9th Street and Perry)
Durham NC 27705
Phone (919) 286-1875

My man Chris T always drops in to Ringside for our SOLID! soul and MASALA
BEAT CLUB desi nights, so when he asked me to DJ his hiphop, r'n'b &
oldschool party at The Lounge this Sunday, I definitely couldn't say no.

For those that know my usual style, I'll be changing things up this time,
digging in the crates for oldschool hiphop, 70s & 80s funk/soul/disco jams,
dancehall, and classic DC gogo. I'll also be spinning the hottest new r'n'b
& hiphop joints and even throwing in some clubworthy funk 45s and bhangra if
the crowd is down for it.

And a word about the venue - The Lounge is a cozy room with a organic 70s
vibe and great touches like brick walls, velvet tables, comfy couches and
full DJ booth. Upstairs is the Cosmic Cantina so if you get hungry, killer
Tex-Mex burritos and chips are one flight up. It's definitely going to be
the great place to hang out on a Sunday night.

See you then.

DJ Marco Hammond - 919.260.3235
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • DJ MARCO HIPHOP PARTY - DURHAM THIS SUNDAY, DJ Marco, 02/19/2005