ch-scene - Re: Saddest Song Ever?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "clamnebula" <OUTERclamnebula AT planet-save.comSPACE>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Saddest Song Ever?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:24:24 GMT

The Double Life of Veronique is a beautiful film... one of my favorites.
-Neb

"paok" <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net> wrote in message
122083.1108154475802.JavaMail.root AT donald.psp.pas.earthlink.net">news:122083.1108154475802.JavaMail.root AT donald.psp.pas.earthlink.net...
> Billie Holiday ranks up there too--she can totally break your heart in songs
like "you've changed" or "i'll be seeing you"

> barbara manning's version of "these days"
> costello's "almost blue"
>
> and have any of you heard the soundtrack to "the double life of veronique"?
it's a Kieslowski film--the music is very haunting, for when you're feeling
depressed and melodramatic, unlike "unsatisfied", for when you're frustrated
and
sad. actually, i think that song is more angsty and angry than sad--i used to
like to play that song very, very loud on the tape player of my car and drive
around.