ch-scene - Re: Saddest Song Ever?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Saddest Song Ever?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:41:15 -0800 (PST)

Billie Holiday ranks up there too--she can totally break your heart in songs
like "you've changed" or "i'll be seeing you"

barbara manning's version of "these days"
costello's "almost blue"

and have any of you heard the soundtrack to "the double life of veronique"?
it's a Kieslowski film--the music is very haunting, for when you're feeling
depressed and melodramatic, unlike "unsatisfied", for when you're frustrated
and sad. actually, i think that song is more angsty and angry than sad--i
used to like to play that song very, very loud on the tape player of my car
and drive around.

now i play "the coup" instead

phaedra