ch-scene - Re: AMCH's best albums?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: AMCH's best albums?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:19:44 -0500

That's sort of my qualifier for desert-island-discs. My brain is no good at this game but the few that I generally keep close to hand & usually take on road-trips are

Yo La Tengo - Painful
Cat Power - Moon Pix
Prince - Sign O the Times (yes, both discs)
Superchunk - No Pocky, Foolish, On the Mouth

Apparently Prince was secretly meant to be on Matador . . .

Ross

Christiane Voisin wrote:
been following the sad songs thread with great interest. a friend of mine
thinks "busby berkeley dreams" (Magnetic Fields) is about the saddest
thing ever. there is so much sad music out there that i can't begin to
decide. the saddest album i have is "2", Black Heart Procession.

rossi and paok's exchange about "the coup" reminds me...i would love to
hear your opinions on albums that are just DAMN good all the way through
(any "genre"), not a single weak track. if this has been discussed and you
can point me to the archive, i'd most appreciate it. i searched, but only
2 screens worth.

some at the top of my list are

Breeders/ Last Splash
Shark Quest/ Gods and Devils
Versus/ The Stars are Insane
Michael Holland/ Bootlegger's Dreams
Th Faith Healers/ Lido

i adore Arcade Fire's Funeral, but i skip over track #2.

christiane