ch-scene - Ms. Films Festival - FEb. 17 - 20!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Niku" <msfilms AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Ms. Films Festival - FEb. 17 - 20!
  • Date: 7 Feb 2005 09:48:54 -0800

**Please forward widely!**
The 4th Annual Ms. Films Festival is coming!
February 17 - 20, 2005
Downtown Durham
www.msfilms.org

3 days of film screenings (5 unique screening programs on Friday -
Sunday), workshops (Saturday and Sunday), hands-on film fun, and
discussions with filmmakers.

Come one, come all! No experience needed, this fest is for anyone who
wants to see the great work of independent women filmmakers that's
happening below the radar or who wants to try their hand at making
movies.

For updates, join our e-mail list! go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/msfilmsnews/ to sign up

A full festival pass - $15 (includes screenings, workshops, all events,
plus a copy of the Ms. Films DIY Guide to Film & Video -- brand new 2nd
edition!)
Screening pass - $10 (any 2 screenings, out of 5 throughout the
weekend)
Single Event - $6 to any one screening, workshop, or other event.

--Schedule -- (for full details and descriptions, see website)
Thursday -- Opening Night Party (8pm - 10pm) -- everyone is invited to
gather with filmmakers and participants, food, drink, live music by
Wigg Report.
Friday -- Filmmaker Discussion (4-5pm), a casual discussion with our
visiting filmmakers, and a light early dinner will be served. Please
rsvp to Niku at msfilms AT hotmail.com for our dinner order
Friday evening -- Screening (7pm, Durham Arts Council), a fantastic
program of films selected from our submissions this year. The other
half will be screened at the Saturday night screening.
Saturday -- noon - 6pm workshops, screenings
Saturday evening -- Screening (7pm, Durham Arts Council), the 2nd
program of films selected from submissions
Sunday -- noon - 5pm, workshops, screenings (check website for details,
schedule, locations)
5:15pm -- filmmaker screening discussion

For workshop and screening descriptions, please visit our website.
If you are interested in volunteering, don't hesitate! Be part of a
great event, and get a full pass to the festival. Contact Betsy to find
out how you can help at betsygreer AT hotmail.com. Other questions, e-mail
Niku at msfilms AT hotmail.com

See you at the fest!

  • Ms. Films Festival - FEb. 17 - 20!, Niku, 02/07/2005