ch-scene - The Moaners CD Release Party - Saturday 1/29

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Moaners CD Release Party - Saturday 1/29
  • Date: 25 Jan 2005 21:26:41 -0800

I hi-jacked this off the guitartown listserv...glenn

Ok, check this out....the Moaners are Melissa Swingle (Trailer Bride)
in full on rock mode with her kickass drumming partner, Laura King.
They are playing this Saturday at the Local 506. The show starts at
10pm and there's a super secret opening band that comes on first. I
can't say who they are, but I can tell you that the last time I saw
them I got pudding in my hair. Then the Spinns are next, which area
great band which does a good job sounding like they are from the 60s.

Then the Moaners come on. The show is only $8 and get a load of this,
you get their new CD for free. And if that isn't enough, while they
are playing Yep Roc is giving out 5 cases of PBR for free, first-come
first-serve.

So for $8 you get a CD, three kickass bands and the chance of
possible free banana pudding for an appetizer. This is all happening
at the Local 506, which means that you might want to get there early
because I'm smelling a sell out.

This message has been brought to you by Yep Roc Records. Yep Roc
Records, where an adult can be a kid.

steve