ch-scene - Re: Harvey Korman

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: j <no.longer AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Harvey Korman
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:14:27 GMT

In article
<54E511365B952145A838995702483391A8E513 AT CAPITAL5.capital.capstrat.com>,
Steven Keith <skeith AT capstrat.com> wrote:

> Anyone? I have a song in my head and can only repeat the first line
> over and over again. I am trying to find the artist, album and finally
> the song. I need to put it to rest.
>
> Here is the first line:
> "I had a dream...that Harvey Korman was my neighbor...And I had a dream
> that my penis was a Bunsen burner... (And then some such thing about a
> Cro-Magnon plastic surgeon.
>
> I have even sought the aid of both Night Ranger and Hall and Oates to
> brutally exorcise this song from my head. Usually works but didn't this
> time.
>
> Any tips appreciated.
>
> thanks

Is this it? Give me something hard next time!

Bob Rising Bob o'Clock (Throwrug): Pulling a lo-fi Dave Grohl, drummer
Rising (formerly of Repulse Kava, Seam, Poster Children, and Hardvark)
plays all the instruments on this album, which he recorded on a four
track in 1993. "Witch" feebly parodies death metal, but most of the
tunes have a mild pop charm enhanced by Rising's goofy lyrics. "(Oh!) I
Had a Dream" name-checks Crispus Attucks and Harvey Korman, while
"Panther Softball" delivers dopey sexual double entendres like "I'm
gonna stir that batter up / I'm gonna come from behind / Shoot it right
down the line." Rising has been playing out with a band he calls the
Scenario.

  • Harvey Korman, Steven Keith, 01/18/2005
    • Re: Harvey Korman, j, 01/18/2005