ch-scene - WXDU top 69 local/NC releases of 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: WXDU top 69 local/NC releases of 2004
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:38:49 -0500

Based on total # of plays reported to CMJ during the 6 weeks each release was on WXDU's playlist (there was a minor amount of inter/extrapolation done for the couple of weeks when data was missing, but whatever):

1 erie choir - bad tsars is a drag
2 various - I can't get that evil weiner song out of my head
3 shark quest - gods and devils
4 regina hexaphone - the beautiful world
5 butchies - make yr life
6 mountain goats - we shall all be healed
7 the ghost of rock - self-titled
8 two dollar pistols - hands up
9 various - chicks rock
10 torch marauder - boxers painters and snappers
11 elizabeth cotten - shake sugaree
12 various - bandwidth: WXYC webcasting 10 years comp thing
13 hotel motel - teen pop crisis
14 nein - self-titled
15 comas - conductor
16 fashion design - self-titled
17 avett brothers - mignonette
18 dexter romweber - blues that defy my soul
19 apple juice kid - plus+
20 north elementary - lose your favorite things
21 schooner - you forget about your heart
22 evil wiener - halloween record
23 tres chicas - sweetwater
24 tift merritt - tambourine
25 audubon park - crookshanks on the island of missed diddles
26 choosy beggars - self-titled
27 cool john ferguson - guitar heaven
28 natasha - self-titled
29 destroyed by kittens - self-titled
30 the talk - no, you shut up
31 hotel motel - you must be hard of reading
32 pinkslips - new crush
33 various - durham rocks
34 des_ark/bellafea - split 7"
35 chris stamey - travels in the south
36 all astronauts - navigation songs
37 razzle - all those wasted (y)ears
38 tricky the cosmonaut - uncle louie
39 strugglers - the new room
40 the never - self-titled
41 the nein - twelve thirteen fourteen
42 cold sides - perpetual hypeness machine
43 mylittlephony - eat your hope
44 sorry about dresden/cold sides - split 7"
45 shalini - metal corner
46 cold sides - 5/21/2003
47 southern culture on the skids - mojo box
48 cub country - stay poor, stay happy
49 strugglers - the fair store
50 crimson spectre - self-titled
51 pykrete - over hylaster
52 section 8 - destroy all who oppose us
53 summer set - self-titled
54 inspector 22 - friendship cemetery revisited
55 choose your own adventure - let em work let em live
56 strange - radio promo
57 manamid - standard candles
58 international orange - spoon box
59 schooner - demo
60 the balance - demo
61 jon shain - no tag, no tail light
62 ahleuchatistas - the same and the other
63 various - wuag 103.1 presents the landscape
64 kleptonaut - marry me mr president
65 hanks - 420 Bickett Blvd
66 shadow of a great name - exteriors
67 The AM - guten tag, you are late for work
68 red skeleton - eat the resin
69 sentinel - self-titled