ch-scene - [Internationalist Books] Books & Calendars Sale +++ Help Wanted

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Internationalist Books <ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist Books] Books & Calendars Sale +++ Help Wanted
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:15:57 -0500

BOOKS & CALENDARS ON SALE

We've marked down a big chunk of our holiday inventory 20-30%, including calendars and many new books. Stop by and check out the overflowing sale tables for some great bargains. Many titles from the McSweeney's family; Jonathan Lethem; Michael Chabon; graphic novels and much more. The sale officially starts on Wednesday, January 12th; stop by now for a preview and first crack at the goods.

INTERNATIONALIST BOOKS IS HIRING

Internationalist Books & Community Center is hiring a part-time bookstore manager to start February or March 2005. This is an awesome opportunity to work in a non-hierarchical, flexible, and challenging environment advocating and strengthening social, environmental and economic justice; to meet and work with incredible and inspirational individuals and groups within the community and nationwide; and to gain valuable experience managing a volunteer-run non-profit collective. The two-year position is for 30 hours/week at $10/hr. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications are due by Wednesday, January 26.

http://www.internationalistbooks.org/hiring/

BECOME A MEMBER OF INTERNATIONALIST BOOKS

If you're not a member already, you're missing out on some great benefits -- 10% off all merchandise (except for sale items), access to our radical lending library, invitations to our annual member party and meeting, plus that warm fuzzy feeling that you get from supporting a local cooperative business. Membership costs a minimum of $30 per year, or $20 for students/low income. Internationalist Books is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax-deductible. You can join at the store or online at http://www.internationalistbooks.org/about/members/

###

thank you!

Internationalist Books
405 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
www.internationalistbooks.org

  • [Internationalist Books] Books & Calendars Sale +++ Help Wanted, Internationalist Books, 01/10/2005