ch-scene - Re: analog rights management vigilantes in Raleigh

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: analog rights management vigilantes in Raleigh
  • Date: 10 Jan 2005 18:00:03 GMT

grady wrote:

> Oh, well, if you tried it multiple times and it still didn't work for
> you, then it must not work. Perhaps I just made up the story I
> cut-and-pasted into the previous email. Lord knows it wouldn't be the
> first time.
>

> Margaret Campbell wrote:
>> No, it didn't. Tried it several times.

The news-reader MC used might have hosed the link. Sometimes, if there is a
stray space or line feed added by a news-reader, the link will appear broken.

this is particularly true with long links.

If someone has trouble with links I provide, I usually give them an
alternative (tinyurl.com is great) that won't easily break in your average
newsgroup reader.

The last thing I give them is attitude.