ch-scene - Re: emusic successor

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: emusic successor
  • Date: 9 Jan 2005 14:44:08 -0800

I also stuck out emusic for a while because I thought it was still a
decent deal; however, I eventually quit since I didn't have the time to
download 40 songs on a monthly basis. In my 'exit interview', I
suggested that they allow unused tracks to rollover since you've paid
for them. If that were the case, I'd still be paying them monthly.

However, in honesty, I think they should up the number of tracks from
40 to about 100. Still not unlimited, but enough to satiate most
musical appetites. I, for one, always had stuff waiting to download
after the initial 40 each month.

With that said, I more than highly recommend Rhapsody if you have
broadband and can listen to music on your computer. For $10/month, you
can stream any album they have - and they have tons (including much of
what emusic has.) You can also download tracks for .79 which is
cheaper than the going rate.

My only complaint there is apparently Rhapsody is not compatable with
Mac's, which is what I'm using after my latest computer crash. Even
still, I haven't officially cancelled my account because I love
Rhapsody so much.

glenn